Non-Medical Senior Home Care Services in the Beach, East York, Southwest Scarborough and Central Toronto
Home Instead Senior Care is a non-medical service designed for individuals who wish to remain at home and may require supportive care for a wide range of activities and needs, including dementia and cognitive impairment. These would include, but are not limited to, home support, medication reminders, and assistance with bathing, feeding, dressing, transfers, personal care and incontinence.
Temporary assistance is also available for those family members who, on occasion, need respite services.
"The quality of our service is a reflection of our CAREGivers. They are totally committed, highly qualified, and carefully selected individuals who are all bonded and insured."
Our CAREGivers are compassionate women and men who have gone through a careful selection process. We insure and bond every CAREGiver, and we have several on-going training programs to insure that their skills and knowledge are always the highest possible.
Our goal as providers is to give to our Seniors a sense of independence, as they stay in their own homes.
To meet this goal, Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers offer:
- Sensitive companionship, including prompts for medications
- Meal preparation and cleanup
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Shopping and other errands
- Incidental transportation to stores, church, appointments, or social events
- Overnight shifts for safety and reassurance
- Respite to relieve family CAREGivers
We know that the little things are important. Our relationship begins with a no-obligation meeting in the Senior's home. This meeting is designed to help you understand our services and costs. It also helps us start to get to know you, in order to make the best CAREGiver match possible.
Home Instead Senior Care makes every effort to maintain a continuity of care. Because we understand the importance of the relationship between the client and the CAREGiver, we establish a set schedule using one CAREGiver, or as small a team as possible, depending on your scheduling needs.
Our CAREGivers are experienced at regularly monitoring conditions around the home for safety. Just as important, we maintain a Client Log Book in every client's home. This insures that concerned family members are regularly informed of daily care experiences.
Because our services are available around-the-clock, you will be reassured to know that a member of the Management Team is also accessible at all times.
Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers do not perform medical tasks, such as lifting bed-bound clients or dispensing medications. However, our CAREGivers carefully monitor changes in health and in the particular requirements of our Seniors. Should the need arise for additional, medical care we will work hand-in-hand with you to augment the services we provide in arranging skilled health care coverage.
Everyone shares similar concerns about health care for our parents, grandparents and loved ones as they reach retirement age and beyond. Perhaps your mother gets confused and can't keep her doctor appointments and medications straight. Or your dad seems depressed and doesn't enjoy fishing anymore. Maybe your grandmother needs regular attention for her Alzheimer's while you're at work. That's when Home Instead Senior Care of the Beaches, East York, Southwest Scarborough, Toronto can come into the home and be the CAREGiver for you.
Are you seeing that your loved ones need home health care as they age? Have you thought about a nursing home or assisted living facility, but want to keep your loved one in their home for as long as possible? Are you starting to wear out because of the impact the senior care you're providing is having at work and with your family members? Do you fear for a loved one's safety?
Home Instead Senior Care can help with compassionate, home care services delivered right in your loved one's home. Whether a few hours a day or long term care 24 hours a day, a CAREGiver can assist you. All CAREGivers are thoroughly screened, extensively trained, insured and bonded, matched to your preferences, professional and reliable.
Please contact us for a free consultation. We can arrange for a visit at your location or wherever you would feel most comfortable. Some of the counselling services we can provide include:
- Assess your situation with you and your family.
- Provide counselling, assistance, and referrals.
- Work with the individual or CAREGiver in detailed care planning, including long-term planning.
- Be available during a crisis.
- Advocate with you and for you, as needed.
- Monitor your needs to ensure that you are well- connected with services and that services are effective and appropriate for you.
- Evaluate and follow-up with your service needs and/or the service needs of your family.
Determine Your Needs
Is it time to consider a CAREGiver for yourself or a family member? Answer these few simple questions to help determine if you and your family could benefit from a caregiving service.
Are you or a family member
- experiencing depression, feelings of isolation or confusion?
- forgetting to eat or unable to prepare meals?
- forgetting to take medications?
- unable to drive a car?
- in need of socialization and companionship?
- neglecting personal care?
- having difficulty making doctor's appointments?
- having difficulty grocery shopping or taking care of the house?
- needing some assistance but prefer to remain independent?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, we can help. Please contact Home Instead Senior Care at 416-698-1384 to discuss an affordable and reliable solution to your needs.
Home Instead Senior Care provides one-on-one personalized care and assistance in a broad array of day-to-day activities.
- Companionship and friendly conversation.
- Planning, cooking, and serving nutritious meals.
- Light domestic housework, laundry, and ironing.
- Shopping, errands, and/or incidental transportation to church, social events and appointments.
- Monitor conditions in and around the home.
- Regularly inform family members of care experiences.
- Encourage and assist with correspondence and reading to stimulate reasoning and reflection.
- Offer guidance and assistance with grooming, dress, and light exercise.
- Monitor a regular diet plan.
- Organize and clarify the clutter of incoming information, mail, and statements.
- Plan and assist with limited entertaining.
There are a wide variety of home care services available in the Beaches, East York, Southwest Scarborough, and Central Toronto areas.
Home Helper Services
Personal ServicesAssistance with: